By Alan L. Mittleman
- Offers a fascinating and considerate account of Jewish ethics
- Brings jointly and discusses a huge variety of old resources overlaying millennia of writings and conversations
- Combines present scholarship with unique insights
- Written via an incredible across the world well-known pupil of Jewish philosophy and ethics
Read or Download A Short History of Jewish Ethics: Conduct and Character in the Context of Covenant PDF
Similar judaism books
In Jewish Questions, Matt Goldish introduces English readers to the historical past and tradition of the Sephardic dispersion via an exploration of forty-three responsa--questions approximately Jewish legislations that Jews requested top rabbis, and the rabbis' responses. The questions besides their rabbinical judgements research all points of Jewish lifestyles, together with company, kinfolk, spiritual matters, and relatives among Jews and non-Jews.
How does Christianity relate to modern Judaism? during this e-book a revered Jewish theologian learns a lesson from contemporary Christian theology: God's love of Christ and the church doesn't substitute his love of Israel and the Jews. Ochs engages major postliberal Christian thinkers George Lindbeck, Robert Jenson, Stanley Hauerwas, John Howard Yoder, Daniel Hardy, and David Ford, who argue this aspect of their paintings.
Teshuvah is among the nice presents of existence. via Teshuvah we can go back from discomfort, fragmentation and confusion to a spot of larger solidarity and future health, to our actual self. RECLAIMING THE SELF deals a glimpse right into a international with-out the harmful impression of previous negativity -- the place misdeed is reworked into advantage.
This e-book brings jointly many of the world's most fun students from throughout a number of disciplines to supply a concise and obtainable consultant to the Hebrew Bible. It covers each significant style of publication within the outdated testomony including in-depth discussions of significant topics corresponding to human nature, covenant, production, ethics, ritual and purity, sacred house, and monotheism.
- Collecting Recipes: Byzantine and Jewish Pharmacology in Dialogue (Science, Technology, and Medicine in Ancient Cultures)
- “Take Courage, O Jerusalem…”: Studies in the Psalms of Baruch 4–5 (Deuterocanonical and Cognate Literature Studies)
- I Will Write It In Their Hearts Vol. 7
- Projecting the Holocaust into the Present: The Changing Focus of Contemporary Holocaust Cinema
Extra info for A Short History of Jewish Ethics: Conduct and Character in the Context of Covenant
A Short History of Jewish Ethics: Conduct and Character in the Context of Covenant by Alan L. Mittleman